Thursday, February 7, 2013

Funny Conversation (June 17, 2012)


I had a funny conversation today:

I forgot my online banking username and password, so i called helpdesk in malaysia to help~~ so a polite lady picked up the phone and our conversation went like this:
lady: hello, how may i help you?
Jane: Hi, i forgot my online banking username and would like to check whether you could help me retrieve.
lady verified my details and asked me to input my online banking pin...well, honestly, i couldnt remember much because i hardly used this account..but i do have other HSBC account elsewhere using the same system, so i thought, what the heck, let me try...so i keyed in and error message came up...
Lady: sorry m'dm, your pin number is wrong. please key in again
Jane: sorry miss, i forgot my pin number as well.
Lady: in that case, please go to HSBC website, key in your username and click forgot password and you will be sent an email with reference number. When you have the reference number, please call help desk again
Jane: i see..the problem is, i also don't remember my username @_@
Lady: if that is the case, please key in your pin number and i will retrieve your username for u...
Jane: but i don't remember my pin number...
This reminds me of a video clip from McDull cartoon...piggie and duckie went to a restaurant and asked for fishball noodle and the waiter told piggie fishball and noodles were sold out..piggie was disappointed and asked for fishball ho fun...waiter said there is no fishball...then piggie was disappointed for not having fishball ho fun..so piggie said, then can i have beef ball noodle? waiter said there is no noodle...piggie disappointed again and ask for fishball bee hoon...and it went on and on and on....it's funny..i laughed till i had stomach pain...seem my story today is almost the same...

anyway...the lady was helpful, she just asked me for more detail and gave me my username...i thanked her and she asked if there is any other thing she could help...
Jane: yes...may i ask what is the requirement of password setting?
(my point is: if it's alphabet + digit or purely digits, then i may remember my password)...i'm just lazy to call help desk again..hehe..
Lady: it's alphabet + digit
(i was thinking in my mind...i think i remember my password liao)
Jane: one last question: alphabet is mixture of capital letters?
Lady: no, just alphabets
Jane: i see i see..thank u soooo much for your help
So i tried after the phone call~~ i got it right at the first time of login!! seems like funny questions to people, but they helped me~~ :p


No comments: