Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Life after E&Y

I always wonder what would my life be like after E&Y...i thnk for all external auditors out there, we all have the same question in our head. Is it really better out there? It's been 2.5 weeks since i last stayed in E&Y....Before leaving E&Y, I thought life would be a breezeEEEeee, ie no OT, goyang kaki (sit there and do nothing), more balance life style, no deadlines, no more IFRS, no more AFS, no more listing rules, no more pressure from managers and clients, no more AWS, no more filling in forms etc etc etc....but guess what? turn out tat it's only a distant dream for me :( My life now:
  • >8 hrs with my colleagues..breakfast, lunch + dinner, by the time im alone, it's already XXXpm+++ (I thnk they should be tired of seeing me day and night..hehehe...);
  • Weekly internal updates to our managers and head => means have to work hard before the update to come up with at least ONE issue and also means REPORT WRITING~~~;
  • MORE forms to be filled in~~~;
  • Tele-conferencing weekly~~ After learning how to use AWS in EY, i tot i know all abt technology...but now, I have to learn to use tele-conferencing dial out (whatever that is???)....okie okie, i admit, im not as advanced and i'm definitely a "cave woman" when it comes to technology :p;
  • Weekly external update => u wont want to be involved....it means WAR!!!!!
  • No time for tv, no time for shopping.....AAAAAAAAHHHHHhhhhh....SIGGGGggggghhh

Now, think again when you are thinking of switching jobssssSSssss.... heheheh

No comments: