Sunday, April 27, 2008

kyoto

was supposed to go to kyoto last fri night...because of my trip to aust, i have to postpone to the next day...initially i tot of not going at all, but my instinct told me to go ahead...so i went on early sat morning...woke up at 6am to take the 730am shinkansen (新干线)。it was my first time riding on a bullet train and i love it ^^ it was like....a bullet indeed...i slept thru the whole 2 hrs, waking up for a little while in between....i have been waking up at 6am 4 days in a row...and in australia, 6am means 4am in kch...gosh...i was damn exhausted..when i was in train, it was like i fainted (昏过去 as i always said...hehehe) the scenery was pretty...but it was too fast tat i didnt have time to enjoy and look closely..hahah..i am just exaggerating la...it was full of greeneries, mountain, green grass land, farm house...yup, the scenery we see in totoro...very pretty ^^

i tried to do some research on fri night..was quite frustrated coz it seemed like nothing got into my head...especially the names!!! oh the names were killing me..i searched from the internet and all the names were in english...let me ask you, who put english names in japan???!!! the answer is RARELY...tat's wat got me frustrated..anyway, i copied everything down, making a travel booklet of my own...when i got there, i was totally lost...so i asked around...phew, finally got on my train..i was heading to my "hotel"...technically it's not a hotel...it's a temple...yup, i was staying in a hotel..it took me a while to find the right direction...seriously, kyoto has too many temples and shrine that i lost count...the place i was staying was really really really really x 10000000....etc nice!!! love it...it's the first time i slept on a futon...pictures speak louder than words...let me show u the pics to save you from reading

  • this is the main entrance of the place i stayed in...in reality, it stretches out from east to west, from north to south..my camera doesnt have paramatic function~~~
  • inside of the gate...a lOOoooong way to walk...

  • this is the map of the temple...HUUuuugggeeeee...i would just got lost in this world of theirs
  • this is only one of the main buildings...on the side, there are a lot of gardens and buildings...it's like a palace...a world of its own...

  • this is the entrance of my "hotel"
  • this is the outside of my room...they only have 2 rooms available and we are separated by the japanese sliding door...yup, i could hear wat my next door neighbours were doing..hehehe...

  • my futon and my room...the futon was already warm up for me even before i used it...how considerate and i love it...and my pillow is made up of little marbles...i tot my head is gonna hurt after sleeping on it..but it was good me in front of the main building

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful hostel! u paid for it or u need to do something else in return?

Anonymous said...

Their temple is gigantic! u should wear kimono ;p

how come no monks?

Jane Jane said...

ya, the temple is super huge...i didnt go to every corner but i looOOoove it..got monk, but i didnt take their pic...i have to pay for the hostel..quite cheap compared to normal hotel and environment is much better than hotel...^^