Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Childhood memories


I saw this picture in Facebook the other day and the photo reminds me of a lot of feelings~ I remember when I was young, I really like to go to ting and ting supermarket because at that time, imported goods were not common and I could find a lot of "fresh" and "new" things I didn't see anywhere else. I found mushroom soup mysterious, I found ham interesting, bacon, cheese, salad oils, etc~~I found the whole supermarket so mysterious and so interesting. It was like a globe to me~~~ I could find the whole globe in ting and ting~~ even they sold local products, they also looked more interesting than before~ 

now that imported goods are common in KCH~ I still maintain the special feeling for ting and ting. every time I go to ting and ting, I still have a unique feeling like when I was young. As I  get older, I wish to have all the memories maintained and hope ting and ting and other childhood places could be maintained~~~ 

4 comments:

jenn said...

it was and still is my wonderland~它真的很有古早‘味’... really, the smell is there if u know what i mean hehe

Jane Jane said...

Yeah, I know what you mean.. Hope they keep it the way it is. It is not fancy but it has everything u need. Also the grocery shop near the shell station near our home also is a mysterious place to me. I remember passing by everytime and imagining what it looked like inside

LJ said...

Never been to Ting & Ting until I was at my 20's, to me, it's soooo high class. been there for twice only, a bit run down n the cashier is unfriendly, but it's such a miracle they can survive for decades!

Unknown said...

哈哈,你是乡巴佬哦。还好啦,我通常不太理会cashier。如果他成天笑咪咪,我倒觉得这样很奇怪。还有那家在我家附近的杂货店,叫什么泉的,也是我很好奇的一家店。至今还没去过呢。