Monday, July 30, 2007

Highlights of QD

Stay over for weekend coz I wanted to explore the city…I don’t want to be in a situation where I have been in qingdao for two months and not been to any place at all…so this week, I have decided to stay in qd….it was a right decision….that day, our company driver took my friend and I to Laoshan. well, this is the most famous place in QD and it turned out to be soOOOooo true, coz the place was MOUNTAIN PEOPLE MOUNTAIN SEA. Haha, indeed very mountain-y :)Weather was pretty good for the past 2 weeks..but this week, it was super hot and super sunny~~~ it was so hot that I really didn’t have the mood to hike. We took cable car up and started climbing…the STAIRS…there were a lot of tourist attractions, but we only managed to get to ONE….i have to say, the place is very popular and touristy… (A pic of how laoshan looks like...pretty rocky) After our torture climb, we went to a seafood feast. All of my FIRST times were gone. 1. first time having raw sea cucumber, dipped in wasabi sauce and it will harden. Taste like chicken bone. Yummy~~~
2. first time having drunken raw prawns. The prawns were still jumping up and down when they poured the wine in…again, yummy but cruel L I still prefer the old fashion type of prawns…ie COOKED
3. first time having FRESHLY picked peach, straight from the tree….so deliciously sweet…peachilicious :p
4. First time having Fresh beer in plastic bags (Me with freshly brewed beer at beer street...have to drink from straw..cool~~~)
The driver told us that everything is fake in QD. 1. Fake taxi
2. Fake tour guide
3. Fake laoshan tea
4. Fake dried seafood (those that are supposed to be made in QD) I thought I could trust the driver, turned out, he’s one of them as well. He took us to buy fresh peach and we saw this stall at the roadside and he asked for bigger peaches. He asked my friend and I to pick peaches with the farmer in the farm..so we did..happily picking our very own peaches…and it was super big…yum..we were so excited abt it. There were TWO big bags of peaches and were put at the trunk…after we went back to the hotel, I was happily waiting at the trunk, waiting for my peaches…who knows, he got another two bags from the back seat and gave to us. I was a bit shocked. TWO BAGS OF PEACHES TURNED INTO ONE BAG OF SMALL PEACHES AND A BIG BAG OF PEAR...sigh (so many peaches but they are stolen from us :()

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And u forgot one most important thing.....Fake Jane!!! Hahaha......Jane is a fake....whahahaha...tat's why she should go back there and stay there forever..hehee...

Anonymous said...

Fake your head...im real from head to toe...see? im even nice enough to tell you what to beware of when u come here...nice ler...:)