Tuesday, November 2, 2021

The making of French Apple Cake

 The other day, SML asked me if i wanted an oven. Actually i had been looking to buy a small oven to put at home.. somehow, i could imagine that i would be happily making cakes and cookies with it or bake my food with it too.. after many thoughts, i still decided not to get because my place is so small and my stuff are piling up.. all i did was, kept imaging until SML said her friend has an extra oven that she doesnt want and asked me if i want to take it 😀😀😀😀 YES OF COZ and why not?

about two weeks ago, SML delivered it to my place personally! Finally! i kept searching for recipes online.. before i got the oven, i felt that i had a lot of things to make.. after having it, i felt like there is nothing for me to make 😂😂😂 weird. I looked in the fridge to see what i have, suddenly, i remember i had craving for APple cake. i made it like 18 years ago in Kuching and many people liked it.. so i searched for a simple recipe, went to buy ingredient, only to find that, the baking pan is too big for the little oven.

so, i didnt make it that day.. i decided to go and get a smaller pan a few days later.. took it home and yes, it fit the oven perfectly until... i realized that the oven is not high enough.. when my apple cake barter was put in the pan, it rose and touched the heat bar on the top.. thats why u see a black stripe in the middle of the cake 😂😂😂😂

the appearance of the cake looked lousy.. like somebody just puke... haha.. i didnt dare to show anybody.. i let it to cool and had it for breakfast the next day.



The cake was moist.. but a bit too sweet for me.. i didnt change the recipe because it was my first time attempting with this new recipe.. it's supposed to be french apple cake.. but it didnt taste anything like french.. haha... it was good overall but not my thing coz i'm not a sweet first.. so i chucked the whole cake into the fridge.. i will eat it one day.. that's my plan



Then last sunday, SML decided to come to my place to swim.. so i said ok.. and she brought some take out from the restaurant where she worked to my place as lunch.. while waiting for the food to be heated up, i made SML the coffee and gave her two slices of my Apple Cake, surprisingly, she loved it.. then after our lunch, she said she is full but still asked for another slice of my Apple Cake.. so i cut her two slices and she FINISHED both slices.. she had half loaf by herself! so the other half, i let her take hom.


Guess what she said just now.. she said she shared my apple cake with her friends and they said the cake was GOOD and it was not too sweet 😛 SML and her friends really give face.. haha.. now i feel motivated. Next thing that i plan to make is, ANZAC Cookie. 






2 comments:

千寻 said...

Wow! looked like another talented baker misplaced in her career. I think oven is a good investment. Although mostly I use it to reheat leftover, ha ha!

Jane Jane said...

haha, i think i can only be casual baker but not a professional one coz i have no sense of taste for food.. some ppl can mix and match naturally like wearing clothes..

now i use my oven for heating up frozen bread and cheese for breakfast and also grill fish fillet.. yum yum