Thursday, May 23, 2013

Travel disaster (part 2)

After having soooo much fun in gz, it was time to leave on Monday~ my bro and sis in law left early in the morning via HK and we sent them off at the border and went back to gz for further activities! Our flight was at 9pm.. So we had plenty of time to wander around.. Just that we spent most time on the road... U know how big China is Lo... On Sunday, we stayed in shunde and travelled to foshan during the day, then we went to gz for dinner and stayed in dongguan for a night. The next day, we sent them off from shekou and went back to gz.. By the time we reached gz after our lunch, it was already 230pm.. So my sis and I decided to get more electronic stuff from the wholesale place~ we went for massage at about 330pm...How relaxing was it? Hahahaha... The massage guy told me my joints are too stiff.. Then I asked him if that's bad.. He said it's nothing, just stiff coz when he tried to twist me, i couldn't be twisted, whereas my sister is easily twisted :p what a funny description.. No wonder people said I looked funny when I do yoga..sorta like mosquito doing yoga..(⌒-⌒; )

After we were done, it was time to go to airport.. But it was raining cats and dogs! With this kind of weather in china, getting a taxi is almost impossible! I was standing at roadside, trying to hail taxi but I just couldn't stop any! We asked people the number to call and nobody seem to know! Why why why? So I stood at roadside again, was so tempted to put out my beautiful leg and see if people will stop. Hahaha.. I managed to get some numbers from the passing by taxi.. With this kind of weather, even calling the taxi hotline would be a problem. Called once and got told the line was busy..called second time, someone picked up.. Gosh, his mandarin sounded like mine.. Hahaha.. Anyway, he said wait for 10mins to see if anyone call u, if none, please call the hotline again...(。-_-。) pray pray..someone pls call me! Finally a taxi driver called.. He said he could come but we need to wait for him for 20mins! I quickly said yes! I must have sounded very desperate...hehehe

Finally we got to airport just in time... Only to find out our flight was delayed and the timing was to be determined! Many flights were either cancelled or delayed! My sis and I were disappointed with gz airport.. Such big airport but such crappy system.. If like that, the busiest airports like HK or London must be doomed and crowded with people when weather wasn't good! So we waited and waited and waited..finally at 1130pm, we were told the tentative departure time was 110am.. Tentatively!!! My sis and I learned our lesson.. That has not included waiting time in plane.. So we both decided to cancel on the flight and stay for another night in gz.. My sis wanted to have dim sum at the famous restaurant in gz.. So I said, what the heck! A good n valid excuse for my sis coz she wanted to go there even before we got to gz~~~

We reached a hotel I know at 1230am and to only found out that the hotel was full due to some exhibitions! We were told most hotels were full that week T_T do we have to sleep under the bridge? Where could we go? Lucky the concierge was kind enough to help us looked around and found us a place.
It was a suite! Last one! So we rushed all the way there~la la la..


We were entertaining ourselves again.. This time with bigger tear drops. Hahaha

We didnt bring many things to gz~ we wore our clothes for 3 days! Smelly~




The next day, we went for dim sum early in the morning and got to airport before the rain started...we were happy to board the plane on time.. First step to success... You can't confirm success until the plane departs..
We Departed at 12noon with abt 30mins delay only~ when we were taking off, I saw rain from the plane window..second step to success~ yay~ home sweet home.. I sympathized the people who would leave after lunch~ good luck guys~~

The lesson we learned is, never go to gz after lunch, never depart gz after lunch! This advice is priceless!!! 

Me outside the dim sum restaurant~


4 comments:

jenn said...

What a COMPLETE journey - u started with a delay and ended with a delay haha...

With those airport drama u went thru, i think u could publish a book liao hehe...

Anonymous said...

Haha.. Yes I could! Like Harry porter, part 3 coming up~

lj said...

hey! at least u met quite a bunch of nice guys! n eat famous dim sum some more!

n i so want to see how mosquito do yoga! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... Ya.. That's the only things that made up the mess for our trip.. It was a good trip with relatives and friends and did a lot of things in 3 days!

Hahaha, can. Then u have to come yoga with me :p