Friday, May 10, 2013

Beef tendon?

i have not been talking about travelling for long long time already...that's because i didnt get to travel that much...the furthest i went was Suzhou most of the them...hahaha..it's like Kuching to Serian....anyway, this time, i got to travel to Korea with some of my other colleagues from other parts... Taiwan, china, Singapore and phillipines...i still prefer to travel with people..more fun.. 

one night, we went out for dinner on our own and we were searching hi and lo for a good restaurant and found this restaurant serving traditional korean food...so we went in...the waiter came with a menu and the moment we looked..gosh, it was all in Korean...and we looked at the waiter for help, hoping he would explain...turned out, he couldnt speak a word of english..so he called out his fellow waiters and all of them surround us and none of them speak english!! i knew they were trying hard to try to explain..i tried really hard to try to understand but .... suddenly my "light bulb" lighted....i took my iphone out, add the korean keyboard in the setting and turned on my 3G. I handed him my iphone and asked him to type in Korean in my translation app...WOW, at that time i really thought i was a genius!! nobody thought of this except me..and i'm fully utilizing my technology knowledge...happy, the waiter took my phone and quickly keyed in and returned me my phone...

the moment it got translated, i laughed so loud that i almost fell on the floor and i handed to my colleagues who also laughed as loud as me...we almost rolled on the floor laughing..coz the translation app translated the word into....see below




???? what kind of food is this? it made us even more puzzled...i was guessing it must be related to beef tendon or something..hahaha..then the waiter went to other customers for help and a chinese came to our rescue...there was no beef tendon in the menu at all!! we were laughing...saying the app gave us a stroke!


3 comments:

lj said...

lmao! the moral of the story... fee apps come with a price! ...so, what is it actually?

jenn said...

aiya, easy mah, just close your eyes and point at any. in this case u don't have to close your eyes la haha..

we did that in Vietnam... don't know out of luck of what, we got Vietnam Coffee and Avocado iced blended... Maybe we had 'ordered' something weird but the owner just changed them to normal items out of kindness :P

baby jane said...

haha..in the end, i also dono...

ya, it was really a funny one..i guess u were lucky, jenn