Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chicken and duck talk

Today I called Malaysia immigration dept to ask about something.... I was greeted by an automated voice saying I'm being directed to one Malaysia one call centre in Malay, of coz~ then this guy picked up, obviously he talked to me in Malay~ I could understand bits and pieces but not full..let alone speaking in Malay~ so I replied in English! I thought he would switch but he continued to ask me something in Malay.. Maybe he thought the same that I would switch.. Hahaha.. Anyway, our conversation went on for about 5 minutes and he kept speaking in Malay and I kept speaking in English! It is quite funny if an outsider was listening to us but we communicated just fine~

This remind me of my first day back to Kuching two weeks ago. Jenn took me to buy fabric and there was this nice lady helping us. I wanted to get a really long fabric but I didn't know how long it should be~ so I said to her in broken Malay: "ceiling sampai...." Then I turned to jenn and asked her what is floor in Malay? Ceiling sampai lantai! Wow! It rhythms! Haha, she understood me 
(^ν^)



3 comments:

jenn said...

haha, duck and chicken communication

nvm, as long as u guys understand each other lo~

lj said...

wow! so duck n chicken can communicate after all! u guys at least can understand each other, if yk switch place with you, sure his blood pressure will hike cos he onlu understand simple malay.

Anonymous said...

Actually my Malay is very limited one.. I was only guessing what he was saying. Hahaha..