Friday, June 19, 2009

Unusual Friday night

Friday night usually means:
  • party~~~
  • meeting up with friends for dinner, drinks and gossip
  • laze at home and just not do anything
  • late nights - doing anything and everything except for work....

but tonight, my friday night is none of the above....i'm now sitting in front of my work desk, waiting for a conference call :( HOW SAD IS THAT??? i just rushed back from shenzhen, went back home, took a shower and came to office....well, i came early coz i didnt want to rush here and there....so just had my starbucks sandwich in front of my best friend called Dell...hey, where's chip? hehehe...anyway, i was "invited" by my boss to attend this conference with the company's CFO, other big shots to talk about our work...when he invited me last night, i tried to make excuses for not attending...all he said was: attend if you could. if not, no problem....but that means a lot of things...either way, i will lose out....my analysis below:

  • if i don't attend -> he will think i'm not helpful or reliable...there must be reasons for him to invite me (and i know the reasons!!!)...if he screws up, he blames me for not being there to help out....
  • if i attend -> two outcomes: 1) if i screw up, at least he is safe...2) if nothing happens, i'm safe....

Either ways -> i'm the one who lose out if things don't happen favourably....so i chose to bet on my future....

2 comments:

lj said...

hey jane, getting busier eh? but u seems ok, still able to treasure what u have n didn't lose track. hang on there buddy!

Jenn said...

nvm, sacrificing one friday night saves ur future :P you still have many friday nights to go anyway hiak hiak....