Saturday, September 15, 2007

Zhengzhou – part 2

We went to 龙门石窟 the next day….it is 3 hrs away from city of zhengzhou…it’s actually nearer to luo yang already…was mostly asleep in the car…went with a tour and this gal sitting beside me..GOSH, I feel like shaking her awake for 3 HOURS…I was sitting in the front with this “sleeping beauty”…She was sleeping for the whole journey and her head kept falling on my shoulder, which I didn’t like and I pushed her away for millions of time…I got angry and woke her up to ask her to sit further coz I had no space and asked her to watch out for her head…for the final half hr, I was finally enjoying my dream :) The place was so MAGNIFICENT!!!! Couldn’t believe what ppl from 5000 yrs ago could do..the whole mountain is a piece of art!!! so proud to be chinese~~~Looks like beehives to me..and in each of the window, there is at least a buddha…what is amazing is that there are a lot of small buddhas carved on the side of the wall as well….it was breathtaking….indescribable…let me illustrate in pics :)
(Beehives like mountain....all with buddha(s) in them)
(Main attraction!! they looked so real~~)
The cuisine is very unique too…it’s famous for 水席…everything is in soup….yum yum
(water banquet - everything in water, very yummy~~)
This is our dinner in Zhengzhou for the nite…yummy yummy too..hey, don swallow ur monitor…well, tat’s coz I almost swallowed mine…hehhehe
(part of our dinner - fried tofu with fish, peking duck, their specialty - mutton handmade noodles)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess it's ok that I don't go to Zhengzhou since banquet in water is never of any interest to me...whahaha.....

Anonymous said...

hey, the water banquet is actually very nice...i had the same thinking as you before i tried as well..now i hold different opinion...love it..yum yum

Anonymous said...

Jane like to eat Chocolate Star Fish cooked in Hotdog Flavored Water.

Anonymous said...

and william is eating in...evidenced by his 猪手 ^(*@*)^