Saturday, September 15, 2007

SHAOLIN Temple

少林寺 AKA Shaolin temple…it reminds me of 少林足球 and 十八罗汉….the thought of seeing the real thing makes me so excited…after visiting dono how many temples (in china, beside eating, the other must do thing is visiting all kinds of temple)…well, they are pretty interesting and quite pretty too…but when u visit 4 or 5 in a day, that’s a bit too much for me…but I like the places…what I hate most is, ppl using religion to earn money…I remember in one temple, the tour guide taught us the proper way of worship and after that, she said the monks who are specially trained would “help” us a bit for free…so we all Q up for “freebies”…it turned out that they are doing a bit of fortune telling…when it was my turn, they told me the good things 1st, then the bad and asked me to try to “destroy” it by burning some incest…..and they told me that the price is RMB999. I rejected them but at the same time I felt guilty…this is wat I hate the most…. Shaolin temple is very BIG and to me, a bit commercialized…couldn’t believe I was actually there..the world’s famous temple :) it was a really nice place, very touristy…we didn’t have enough time to thoroughly go through the place…
(the "towers" are actually the tomb of the leader of the temples..they look pretty scare-less :p)
(hoo hoo, that's me~~)
(如来神掌~~~)
(Phone booth at Shaolin temple, very the shaolin..hehe)
(童子功)

6 comments:

Jennifer Kho said...

JANEEeee.. you finally updated ur blog!! Wah, u visited a lot of places! Got me any sourvenirs? hehehe...

Wah, those mountain carvings are really cool! Make me feel proud to be Chinese too!! ^^

Anonymous said...

Din take photo with Jet Li? Or Bruce Lee? :D

Anonymous said...

choy choy choy, taking photo with bruce lee? he is not even alive already :p jet li is no where to be seen though....

Anonymous said...

Jane's 如来神掌 looks like 巴兰丁

Anonymous said...

Jane 喜笑廊

Anonymous said...

William (ie anonymous) is 波多