Saturday, December 29, 2012

Did I make it?

It's been a long time since my last travel drama..it must have been more than two years since I left my last job. Honestly, sometimes I still miss the traveling part... Well, I thought I had gone thru a lot of drama already in the past and nothing would scare me anymore... Well, I'm very very wrong!

I love this time of the year because many people go on vacation.. I didn't take long vacation like what I usually would do before I changed job, so this time, I decided to take a day off and travel somewhere~ yay~~~

Weather lately in shanghai was pretty bad.. Foggy, wet and cold. Yesterday, I went to work in Suzhou which is an hour drive from shanghai..no idea how far it is from the airport so I asked our co driver.. He told me I could leave at 430pm since my flight was at 8pm. I accepted without questioning~ after all this is his area of expertise~~~

Things went on as normal and it was time to leave at 430pm. I was excited abt my trip until the moment I sat in the car. It turned into nervousness when the driver told me I might not b able to make it coz traffic is very bad due to weather, long weekend etc... My heart sank and asked the driver to help drive faster.... no matter what this was out of her control...I quickly checked the airline number in the airport just in case~~

I prayed~ oh, traffic was ok at first until we reached shanghai. We were surrounded by 4 lines of car and there were trucks, buses around us, I have no idea where we were and no idea how long the high way was...there was no way out! We moved like tortoise. I realized when u r nervous, your line seem to always moved the slowest..and after u switched to the line that was moving faster, it became slower and your earlier line seem to move faster...is this illusion? The driver told me we would be stuck for 3km, and after tat we will be stuck for 30km and the rest of 30km would be good @_@

So I called airport and asked to change my seat to nearer airport, Rejected. There's only limited flight going from Sh to tpe..if I missed this, it would be a gone case. I must make it, I must make it!!!

After being rejected, I asked the lady if the flight would be delayed (hoping there were ppl like me who got stuck in traffic due to bad weather), she said no...*disappointed* then I asked could they wait for me coz I was stuck in very bad traffic and I told her what happened...the lady advised me not to travel by car, asked me to go to the nearest subway station and then take airport express...it was 530pm. I asked if we could make it coz subway is slow~ she told me it is much better than car and should be able to make it... So I followed her advice...

I ran and I ran...15 stops to airport express..it was 610pm when I took subway...again, everything moved so slow when u felt nervous... The ppl got in too slow, train door opened n closed too slow, distance between stops was too far etc etc.. Well, there was nothing I could do anymore... Pray pray~

Did I make it to my flight? TO be continued........



6 comments:

jenn said...

let me predict *counting fingers & toes* ~ I think u did make it. Let me know if my prediction is correct :P

jenn said...

BTW, why your doraemon is out of shape one? too stressful is it? buahahhaa

Anonymous said...

Tell u in my next post...buwahahahha... I put doraemon coz I wish I had a magic door... Then no need go thru such drama~ I got batman and superman.. U wan?

lj said...

your rushing plane story always so dramatic one. like in a movie.

i didnt know we can ask plane to wait us wor~ u very syok leh!

ha! ' I realized when u r nervous, your line seem to always moved the slowest..and after u switched to the line that was moving faster, it became slower and your earlier line seem to move faster' ...this always happen to me! so tulan one.

jenn said...

jane must be a drama queen because no matter where she lives, the drama continues buahahaha...

eh LJ, the lesson learned is, just stick to your lane and be patient buahahaha...

baby jane said...

haha..i was desperate already till i beg the lady to stop the plane for me...thinking i'm the prime minister or something...but it was good tat i asked that question, otherwise i wouldnt get such good advice from the lady...

ya, drama just to entertain my friends~~