Thursday, August 4, 2011

my chinese accent

I went back to Kuching in May...it's been a loOOoooong time since i last went back...the last time i went back was abt a yr ago...havent been talking to my friends as frequently as i used to between now and then...and finally, thanks to technology, we are able to connect better without incurring too much oversea calls charges...hooray to skype and viber :) well, in May when i was in kuching, i was being told by my friends that my chinese accent sounds funny...it's not as smooth as kuching accent anymore...har? what? i didnt think i speak like mainland chinese but some ppl insisted i sounded like one..oh well, mayb because of some of the words i used are different...anyway, after a few days in kuching, i was 同化 and speak my chinese like native :) so i told this story to my taiwanese friends who think my chinese is crappy..they kept laughing and denying my chinese ability (@_@|||) there were reasons behind why they deny my chinese ability...look it this post abt my language usage and u will understand...haha...i admit my chinese is crappy!!!
so a few days ago, my friend in australia called me...we had a fun chat...when i first spoke a few sentence, her reaction was: hey, your chinese sounds different...your accent is not exactly mainland chinese accent but taiwanese @_@....well, i havent told my taiwanese friends yet but i could imagine, the answer would be: "your friend lives in australia and i'm sure she is not familiar with proper accent"...hahaha....hey, is my chinese accent really different?!

4 comments:

jenn said...

either here nor there... haha

baby jane said...

两头不到岸。。可悲可悲

lj said...

三边不是人!嘿嘿~

but i dont really feel any difference... u gals accent all the while not so local bah~

baby jane said...

原来一开始就不对了。哈哈哈、