Tuesday, March 31, 2009

DOOMED!!!!!

Life is like a box of chocolate….life can be good if you pick a yummilicious chocolate and life would be a living hell if you pick a yucky one…but chocolate itself is easy, if you pick the wrong one, just throw it away…in reality, you will have to endure any rotten apples that come your way…that’s life…why am I so philosophical? Well, let me tell you a story (in sad Indian tone).

Two weeks ago, I was a happy girl…I got to go to KL for two weeks, on business trip…that means I could go back to kuching over the weekends…I guess happiness is always short and life could never be always smooth and sweet…coz a disaster happened….as usual, I was working very hard and woke up at wee hours everyday and arrived office before EIGHT am everyday…I was shocked at myself for doing this coz it was ages ages ago since I arrived office before 8am…I guess I must be exhausted from waking-up-early-worked-till-late-at-night type of life, so I became tired and sleepy during daytime…the fact that we had short period of time in KL and there were tones of things to complete…so I took up some workload as well (poor me L) one day, while I was drinking out from a bottle, my colleague came and asked me things…so naturally, I put down my drink to attend to him..yup, I’m a responsible person…after talking to him, I accidentally knocked on the bottle and it fell on my laptop…water spilling on my keyboard…it didn’t occur to me that I had to shut down my laptop to me…I continued to work, hoping I could finish as much things as possible….only after 15 mins when I saw water coming out from my battery did I realize that I need to shut it down….i didn’t know why I didn’t shut it down when water spilt…I guess because I thought it was water but not coffee/tea :p… CONSEQUENCE? My hard disk is burnt!!! I lost all information in my laptop…I didn’t feel as painful when I lost those documents…I was REALLY painful to know that I couldn’t get any of my emails back!!! It’s 2.5 years of emails…imagine how much valuable information I had in there…sigh….life is harsh~~~~ The moral of the story?

  1. Please shut down your computer once you spill water on it….i didn’t know why I didn’t do it..it’s commonsence right? Sighhhhhhhhhh….
  2. Please do not drink while you are in front of your computer….you never know what would happen
  3. Please keep the cap of your bottle water LOCKED at all times if you can’t avoid….
  4. Please rest well so that you don’t do anything clumsy like me

Choose one that suits you…don’t learn it the hard way like me…

不听老人言,吃亏在眼前

1 comment:

jenn said...

haiyaaahhh... that means u lost all the love mails i wrote for past 2.5 yrs lor ? :'(