Monday, October 6, 2008

Plane fright

i just reached home in hk at 9pm on sunday...gosh, i lost out the whole of my weekend for this trip...left hotel in philly on saturday at 9am...24 hrs altogether!!! for this trip, instead of taking the transit flight from philly like i always did, we drove from philly to NY airport instead...it was actually faster than transiting...this will be my route from now on...on saturday, my colleague drove from philly to half way in new jersey, and i continued the drive from new jersey to brooklyn bridge to NY airport...i couldnt believe i drove on one of the famous bridges..it was a great experience!!!! took us only 2.5 hrs to reach...instead of 5 hrs of plane ride from philly to LA (plus 2 hrs of waiting and 1 hrs of driving time)

this is a picture of brooklyn bridge while we were in the car...it looked magnificent

Anyway, for this flight, i forgot to check in online earlier and when i did it, there was one last aisle seat left..which was second last row...i took it anyway coz it would be more convenient for me...but it turned out that it was the worst decision i have ever made!!! the moment i sat down, i felt like vomitting coz the person sitting beside me was a huge man...and what made it worse, he had body odour!!! u would think, what's the big deal...let me tell u why: first, it was a 15 hrs flight, second, it was not a normal odour..it was normal odour plus strong weird smell (sour + salty)...i wonder what this man ate for all his life...i don't wanna know...so i asked the cabin crew to find me a seat in front...without checking, she told me today's flight is too full, no seat available..i was sooOOooo disappointed and didnt know how to cope with the smell....i didnt dare to breath...i tried to cover my face but i couldnt...then i asked for help for the second time..again, i got the same answer...desperate but didnt know what to do...after the plane took off, my tv screen did me a favour..it was broken and i asked for help...they reset it for me, still broken, i got angry and scolded the crew...and guess what, they found me a seat!!! in fact, they had a lot of seats in front...i felt so cheated...guess what im gonna do now? log into the site and lodge my complaint!!!!!

after i changed my seat, i went bek to my old seat to take my bag...surprisingly, another lady took over my seat..guess what she was doing the whole time..she was holding her breath, pressing hard on her nose all the time....i didnt know if she sat there throughout the whole flight..i know i couldnt...and wouldnt

2 comments:

Tracy said...

luckly you change your seat... i think if me i will insist that i want to change my seat... i really can't stand for a strong scent.. moreover this is a body odour... really can't imagine how the lady can stand for that...

Anonymous said...

haha..i wonder at the same thing myself...i think i wouldnt be able to smell anything anymore if i sat with the guy for 15 hrs....