Tuesday, October 7, 2008

my small party

i decided to invite my friends over to my place for dinner one fine day....so i sent out my invitation one fine day and 9 of my friends replied!!! unfortunately, two had to work on that day and cancelled on me last minute...i was sad but what the heck, party would still go on...i had problem deciding on my menu on that day...hhmm...unlike jenn, i didnt go online to search for what to cook...i just followed my instinct...so early on saturday morning, i visited the supermarket near my place...it was early, i was tired and me, for some reasons, kinda regretted that i had decided to cook instead of just doing a potluck.....my brain wasnt working...so i bought pork ribs for bak kuk teh, minced pork for steamed mince pork, chicken, tomato, veggie, fat pork, all sorts of sauces (fyi, i had nothing at home...so for one party, i had to get all of the sauce ingredients, plates, spoons, chopsticks, chair, carpet, pillow etc etc etc...that's why i regretted)...but it turned out to be good and i was glad that i arranged such event...think i will do it more often from then on :)

after much preparation, ta-da, i had everything made..my bak kuk teh smelled super good...my mince pork looked ok, my soy sauce pork looked yummy...after that i cleaned my place, took my friends to wong tai sin...and i even treated papa guard my bak kuk teh...he loved it...fyi, he's from singapore and he treated me like his own daughter...gave me this and that...i just felt guilty for not showing appreciation...anyway, the night was good, my friends brought all sorts of fruits, tit bits, soft drinks, red wine, yao zha kuih and everything...they loved my bak kuk teh...hey, im so proud of myself..it was my FIRST attempt..thanks to my master...my mum..she gave really good instructions and i didnt follow the instructions on the packet....here are some of the pics....the food and gathering was good that i forgot to take pictures...hahaha...sorry~~~~

  • My malaysian style bak kuk teh - 肉骨茶

  • My soy sauce pork - been cooking for TWO hours

  • Food all gone....

  • My living room - doesn't it look cozy? i love it...do u? :p
  • my kitchen...small but it was where i made myself a chef :)
  • my bedroom...with my pink piggie toy

3 comments:

Tracy said...

your food look very yummy... you have inherit your mum cooking skill... you house look very cozy... like your house very much...

Anonymous said...

That white sofa at the corner of ur living room is STILL there?! it moves just as many times as u did hehe

Ur place looks good and TIDY. hope it stays that way forever ;p

cook Kacangma next time ;)

Anonymous said...

hehe..thx tracy...mayb they looked better than they tasted ler :) oh, good idea, kacangma it is next time..but i doubt it a lot of ppl know how to eat that...

oh, tracy, got time and drop by next time..i like my place too ^^