Friday, May 25, 2007

I'm Doomed!!

I have been visiting the IRD quite often lately...sigh...yup, it's that time of the year again~~~ TAX time...don't you just hate it? With my "upside down" life right now, i really have to cherish every second, every minute in HK to settle my personal matter...be it banking matter (not that i have a lot of savings), settling bills (way to many esp my credit card bills), meeting up friends, shopping (this is the one thing that i want to do the most and always end up not doing)....sigh...and before i leave for my next engagement, i must get my tax matter settled....
I went to the IRD again during lunch to ask about some tax matter and found out tat i have been overpaying tax for the past two yrs!!!! and this time i wanted to make it right...I found out that the my ex co (u know who) didnt take into account my rental!!! Damn!!! and somemore, im so clever.... go and add in 10% of my salary that i have never earned for the IRD to tax me...no wonder i feel weird tat my tax payment is more than my friend's...Damn again...i will try to appeal....then i fast fast called the my ex co and asked them to change the EA form..Guess what??? The HR Director said there's nothing she could do!! not even willing to revise the tax for me!! yalah, i know im just a small change to such a BIG firm, but then the small change means awful lots to me !!! She said it can't be changed coz it's my responsibility to inform them...i said i only received the stupid EA form 2 days ago and somemore on request one, so 2 days after, i come bek and tell her that it's wrong....she said too late!!!! im really upset....it's so much money to me....sighhhhhhhhh...such expensive lesson!!!
Mayb i just have to accept the reality now....sigh...i will have to go to IRD for the 3rd time...this time, to submit a form that i know is not correct, a form that will make me overpay my tax again (but at a decreaseing rate as compared to last time), a form that i know doesn't reflect the true and fair view :( but still i have to accept the calculation....feel so sorry for myself :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are two things u canNOT avoid in life - Death & Tax.. haha..

Kick your ex-co's ass. They should've done it RIGHT in the first place. Why place the blame on u??? That shows that they are INCOMPETENT for the job. Get them FIRED!!! Let them learn the lesson the expensive way! haha... ^__^