Tuesday, May 1, 2007

chennai

went to chennai last weekend...it was "amazing"...as my colleagues like to put it..hehehe...well, for me, it was ok...all i can think of to describe is "wow" and "hot"....our flight was at 6pm on friday....my 1st WOW was, the airport was crowded with ppl...the traffic was d*mn congested at the airport..we even have to queue up to get into the check in counters...and the Q was 2km LOOooong!!! we waited and waited and waited, finally, one Q became 2 Q and 3 etc...ALAS, we fought for our "right" and got in~~~it was a Long process...luckily there weren't much ppl at the counter...after tat, we Q again just to get thru the x-ray section...it was a LoOOoong process as well..oh yeah, the departure and arrival monitor on the wall is monitored MANUALLY!!! usually the monitors we see, they change screen itself when there is too much information..but for this one, they actually do it manually???!! oh dear, we are in the 21st century already and where have they been? :) the airport was quite old and dirty...while waiting at the boarding area, there were two guys missing their plane while they were in the boarding area...don't ask me how that happened, all i can tell u is, "hey, it's india~~~" anything can happen...

After 50 minutes plane ride from Bangalore to Chennai, 2nd WOW..the airport looks totally different from the one in Bangalore!!! we took a taxi for 1.5 hours to a resort...that's my where my 3rd WOW is...the resort is SOOooooooOOOOo nice...it's a pity that i don't have pics...Let me tell u a story (in heavy indian accent), coz my camera battery was dead...i charged it a week ago, that's why~~~we had our seafood dinner by the ocean~~~the next day, we left for pondicherry, which is 2 hours away from where we stayed....i slept all the way there....and when i woke up, i was already in a french-indian colonial...the hotel tat we stayed in was MAGNIFICENT..that's where my 4th WOW is....that place is very french...the next day, we took a short walk around and that when my 1st "HOT" comes in...i was almost BBQ and my colleague refused to take rickshaw~~~well, for them, the hotter ther better...not for me~~~well, although it was tiring and a long ride, i quite enjoyed the journey...at least i knew, i won't travel to india at my own expense..hahah....(.....to be continued)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane, very disappointed that we don't get to see your 'palace'!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.