Friday, April 12, 2013

Financial planning

The other day, I met up with a financial planning consultant...after talking to him, I realized how little I know abt my own financial matters! First, we did a little questionnaire~ gosh.. The questions were so private and straight forward! What is ur income (well, seem normal), do you have any benefits in kind, allowances, life insurance, health insurance? Investment? Shares? Property? Your Malaysia contribution, HK contribution, how much do you spend per month, save per month, when do you want to retire, what is your monthly plan when you retire etc etc etc! Gosh, I'm ashamed to say I didn't know the answers to some of the questions! I think too short term...

Well, at least one thing I read somewhere is, you will not be able to spend all of your earnings in your entire life! Hey, come to think of it, it seems true. We all think we will need to save for future and all of us have some kind of savings account.. But nobody knows when u will die~ which means we all will leave behind something when we die... Oooooo... Should we compile a list of our asset now just on case? Hehe... Something to ponder~~~



2 comments:

lj said...

i am not yet the one 'not be able to spend all of your earnings in your entire life' boh~ in fact, i dont even have enough to survive for another year if i stop working.

but if i listen to those finanical planner n work out the life i want after retirement, probably have to work 24hour a day, so, just keep on believing 知足常乐。:p

jenn said...

i can spend all my money worr.. that's what i need to put in proper control - spend wisely