Sunday, November 14, 2010

my birthday in HK

I had a great birthday this year.....that day was also the day when there was a grand opening for the xmas decoration in hk...this year's theme is cakes and snow couples...well..it was a good timing coz it was our bday and i got to have so many giant cakes from the street!! hahah..anyway, that day, my colleagues helped celebrated my 60th birthday and bought me 寿桃 (birthday peach)...gosh, i was so touched and felt grown up...(FYI, birthday peach is usually used to celebrate 60th birthday)..hahhaa...they were delicious!! coz it was also my final birthday in office, my colleague bought me another mango cake and threw me a surprise in office....they sang me "happy happy happy birthday" in TGIF style...hahah..i didnt take picture coz we were busy lo.... then night time, my friends celebrated another bday for me..and i got a free carrot cake from the restaurant and another birthday song!! and two german guys next to us gave me a birthday wish...hehehe.... It was a year full and cakes and lovely people and one of the birthdays that i will remember forever....coz it's my final 5th bday in HK, celebrated my 60th birthday in advance, had so many cakes, surrounded by people i care about and also the day when i "lost" the most money~~ because i'm leaving HK permanently, i need to clear my tax and obtain a tax clearance form from the tax bureau before HR will release my final salary payment...so on 11/11, i went to tax bureau and they put me in a little room (though not dark) to fill in my tax form...everything became not tax deductible and they also added tax on to me...then in the afternoon, i went to get my tax assessment and paid on the spot..... >_<

2 comments:

Jenn said...

the birthday peaches should be for me coz i turned 60 (age as shown in my FB) that day! hahaha...

lj said...

wah, instead getting b'day present from hk goverment, u r giving them one on your b'day, generous lady~ ha!