Tuesday, May 6, 2008

明知故犯

was strolling around in sydney airport the other day and i came across this sign...isnt it funny how ppl put tat sign up and yet, underneath the sign, u see a lot of "culprits" under it...hhmm...so contradictory...sometimes, i think human just never learn...ppl put up disclaimers all the time but never do we digest it...it's just in and out immediately...tsk tsk tsk...this is what i call "bo tak chek" (AKA uneducated)...it doesnt mean tat literally..just tat no matter how educated we are, we just never read signs properly and take it personally...when would we learn, i wonder??!!

Talking abt unrelated stuff, again, while i was strolling in and out of the shops at the airport, a sales gal came to me and spoke to me in korean...i looked at her blankly and said, i'm only browsing...in english of coz....immediately, she apologized to me...i thought, geezzz, do i look like korean? while i was waiting at the gate, a japanese gal came to me and asked me something in Japanese...again, i looked at her blankly and told her that i don't speak japanese...she apologized to me and walked away...i was asking myself in my mind, geeezzz, do i look like japanese? when i was in kuching, one day i was strolling in the cosmetic section, the sales gal asked me where i'm from..i told her, i'm local..she was a bit taken aback and said, well, i thought u are from China...*sweat* and one time when i went out with my friends at night, we were stopped by the police at the roadside...and i was the only one being asked for my IC among the 5 of us...WHY WHY WHY? now my question is, DO I REALLY LOOK SO FOREIGN?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiyo! u stil couldn't take it is it? i tell u thousand time already, U REALLY LOOK SO FOREIGN! satisfied? :p

Jane Jane said...

hahaha...tat's very short and concise...mayb i just don think i look so foreign gua....which part look so foreign? my height?

Alicia said...

you are good lor... u look either like JApanese, Korean, or Chinese... u know my friend, she was mistakenly recognised as PHilipinno.. and the philipino group of maids waved to her (as like one family)during her visit in HK.. hahahah

Jane Jane said...

haha..i know wat u meant..i have a HK friend who is always being mistaken by ppl as philipinno...so kek sim...then my other friend in kch, someone spoke to her in malay...imagine tat!! hopefully im the after-cosmetic-surgery type of japanese and korean :p

Jennifer Kho said...

HAHA Jane, u made me laughed out loud! i got the same experiences too. Just today at the seminar, someone asked me if i'm local.

Jane, you left out a VERY important word - after-SUCCESSFUL-cosmetic-surgery. One word makes a BIG difference ;p