Tuesday, October 2, 2007

拉面记

there are so many restaurants near my sis' place...but i have no idea what they are selling coz to me, korean is like a bunch of symbols to me...we are strolling around the area, looking for food...we go into this restaurant that looks pretty korean (:p) and there are a few tables of people...hhmm..food should be good...well, i don't speak korean and my sis' korean is pretty limited, we take a look at the menu (well, not tat both of us can understand), so my sis tells the lady what she is best at "RAMEN?" the lady nodded and these dishes came...hhmm...all i could say is, the appetizer taste much better than the ramen and one ramen cost us KRW6,000~~~ Expensive.... After the bad food encounter in the morning, we went to a bread shop...wahhh...those breads look so yummy...just like those we see on tv and pics...too bad i didnt take pictures...they are all in my mind...oohh, i just feel hungry thinking of them :'p...and the street food in Seoul...one word to describe "DELICIOUS!!!"
(menu in korean...could only understand the numbers, the rest just look like symbols to me)
(Free appetizers...yum...green chilli? how to eat oh?)
Hhhmm..looks appealing to me but when i take a sip...well....
My sis gave me the black thing..i dono wat tat is and it doesnt appeal to me..i didnt eat much of the bfast~~
The next morning, we go strolling for bfast again and we find this very small looking restaurant...and this time, we pick one with pictures...so we sit down and my sis points at the pic..yup, we want korean porridge..the lady says something, i just look blank *.....* and my sis is like "pardon?" (in korean) and the lady repeats and my sis repeats..this goes on for a few times..sigghh..we are getting nowhere~~~so this an old man finally translates for us..he says:"too long..." OOoic...so my sis and i look at each other *blank* *blank* and my sis suddenly says "RAMEN? TWO" haha...i think that's the only thing my sis knows how to say :p (in fact, my sis is pretty good...she could say alot of things in korean but guess she hasn't learn how to order in korean yet)...deep inside, i am hoping that it won't be like wat we got the day before...when our ramen comes, surprisingly, they are very good...taste like maggie curry noodle~~yummy...spicy and i finish the soup too....
yummy~~~my favourite bfast
Free appetizer~~don be envious jennifer

4 comments:

Jennifer Kho said...

Im more interesting in the appetizers also ;p

I had that green chilli in a korean restaurants in Spore. My sister tricked me! she said it tastes like capsicum. Yeah, right! I 'blew fire' from my mouth and smoke came out of my ears when I took my 3rd bite. DAMN HOT!

Anonymous said...

haha...the effect of green chilli? Little dragon...hhaa...i didnt try the chilli..but i saw korean does that early in the morning..unbelievable~~~ i already blew fire by eating the kimchi nia...hahaa...

Anonymous said...

Walao~ Jane, that last ramen really 100% looked like curry flavour maggie mee oh! r u sure it is not? :p

lj

Anonymous said...

hahaha....im sure it wasnt maggie curry noodles coz the noodle is different..very QQ and taste abit like kimchi...on second thought, it could be maggie curry powder + kimchi powder..hahaha...