Tuesday, October 16, 2007

飞机惊魂 (下)

I slept like a baby during my 5 hours flight to LA...until i got woken up by the sudden landing of the plane~~well, actually it wasnt sudden landing, juz tat no one announced tat the plane was gonna land and no pre-landing check!! the back of my seat was not up, window still down...wonder where the hell the stewardess were...FYI, i was half asleep for the last 5 mins before landing and was looking at LA on the plane..just tat i fell back to sleep after looking at the lights...they hypnotised me...so the plane was delayed and those with connecting flights had to rush (and i was one of them).... the thing i find annoying abt US...they don't give you good directions...when we were out of the plane, my colleagues and i were so lost coz we didnt know where to go...no sign, and no ppl!!! so we walked around the airport looking for an officer...finally after 10 mins of wandering around, we found someone..."Which way should we go if we are taking Cathay Pacific?" he said: "go out from the door and turn left." "Great, thx" so we did...it was dead end....where to turn? so we asked again...ooo, we have to go of the door and walked 15 mins to another terminal!!! at that terminal, still we couldnt find CX...why why why? it's terminal 4 as told..so we walked around and around....asked again, we have to walk further...gosh, are we a bunch of sua gu? finally, we saw CX planes...you couldnt imagine how happy we were...took half an hr to find the check-in counter..so we happily checked in....happy until when i hear this.
guy: "miss, could i have your change of itinerary slip?" me: "huh? i didnt change my itinerary." guy looked puzzled and checked again. guy: "miss, may i know if this is the updated itinerary?" me: "yeah, i just printed it out and checked in online" guy: "oh? but the system says ur booking is for tomorrow" US: "WHAT???" EYES SO WIDE THAT OUR EYEBALLS ALMOST FELL OUT me: "tat's impossible. let me see." GOSH...it's true...so, even when i checked with cathay pacific that im on cx883, it's still cx883 but for the next day???!!!! US: "Stupid nelson (our travel agent), we said to book us on the same day!!!" Me: "could you pls put me on this flight?" guy: "sorry, this flight is very full. u will have to wait until the next flight. but both flights are very full. the next flight going to HK is tomorrow afternoon. I will put you on standby for the next flight. come back at 1am (ie our 3am HK time) to check" me: "What? no seat? gosh...shit, i might have to stay in airport overnight???!!"
(this is how i felt, but i didnt show it)
so my colleagues left without me...the whole night, i was nervous..what if there is no seat, what if i have to stay in LA airport. i have no internet, no phone, the information counter is closed...worst come to worst, i will find a bench to sleep on...feeling depressed and lost...i waited and waited for the time..
tick tock tick tock..it felt like time was crawling by. i waited at the counter since 1245am..hoping that ppl didnt turn up (i know i was bad, but i was desperate)...but to my disappointment, more and more ppl turned up....feeling worried and scared....i waited in line...after dono how long, it was my turn. i asked the guy if there's any seat for me...he didnt answer me, just keying in info...and i asked again...he said, there's no more aisle seat. I said i don k as long as there's seat. after x mins, he said, oh, u are flying tmr....heart beat faster, no, im on standby, i want to leave on this plane, any seat? he kept quiet and continued to key in...finally he said, i checked u in a window seat...I WAS SO RELIEVED!!!!
eventhough my flight was again delayed for 1.5 hrs, i was stranded at the boarding area for another 15 mins, i didnt k anymore...i was just happy that i have a seat!!! Black Saturday? 1. Couldnt find direction 2. lost for 30 mins 3. empty happiness for hours 4. Almost stranded in LA airport 5. flight delay 6. waited in boarding area for 15 mins before i could board the plane luckily things turned out to be ok....and later on, my colleagues told me there were TWO seats in their flight...crap....i wanna kill the guy....but oh well, i forgive but i don forget... there...tat's my worst experience of US....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

US airport so crappy mei? No wonder Tom Hanks lives in the Terminal lah. He must have lost his way!

Am glad that u made it back to HK safe and sound. Mayb you should've checked if the airport has a Map of its won, which you could buy from its bookstore hiak hiak hiak... Ooops, will i get blacklisted for making fun and never be allowed to visit US???

Anonymous said...

according to federal law, it's safe if you are outside the country...heheh ;p

Anonymous said...

i dun quite understand. why your colleague left without you??/ didnt you guys travel together as business trip?

Anonymous said...

ya...we tot we are on the same plane...but it turned out that mine is the same time as theirs but different date!!! ...so they had to leave without me or they would be staying overnight in LA airport with me :(