Friday, August 10, 2007

my trip to Dalian

Before I came to Dalian, I was told tat it is similar to Qingdao except that it doesn’t have a mountain….after 45 mins of plane ride, I saw Dalian on plane…it’s not as big as QD but not small either….the airport is very nice… J I took a taxi to the hotel, wow, nice city too…it’s a mixed of Chinese + Russian = dalian ;) the beach is much much nicer than QD, at least it’s full of greens….gosh, I like it so much coz it reminds me so much of santubong in kuching, but much greener and nicer…it’s very European with European houses on such big area of green land :) pic 1: Big roundabout in dalian..surroundings are all russian buildings Pic 2: russian building Pic 3: Banchui dao (translate to chinese: hammer island) Pic 4: On my way to the beach...greenies It was really hot tat day and we were not allowed to go in by car, so I had to walk 30 mins from the gate to the beach…it was worth it…after that, I went to the shopping centres in dalian…well, it’s no different from any shopping areas around the world….but I bought my favourite book there…YAY….\(^^)/ I bought my dinner, AKA KFC (ooohhhh~~~how I miss fast food) to a really big park called 海星公园 and had my little picnic there..it’s a nice big park with beach as well with mini size amusing park…I didn’t stay there long coz on my way to the park, I saw something even more interesting~~~ yup, the 2007 Dalian Beer Festival ;) I walked 30 mins from the park to that place!! It reminds me of Kuching Festival (how I miss it as well, I remember I used to visit it every day after work…hahhaha…my friends will sure remember coz they kept complaining at how fanatic I was abt the festival~~ :p) it’s similar except that it is bigger and it has every beer brand from around the world….too bad I already had my very normal dinner, I only managed to have a coconut….there were performances, BBQ stuff, beers of coz, all kinds of desserts, food from around china etc etc….it was fantastic….my clients were telling me that the beer fest in QIngdao will be held in 4 weeks time, and I have already been to one 4 weeks before…YAY l(^^)l (this is the entrance of the beer festival) One thing about Dalian that I don like -> you need to pay to get in…RMB20 to go to the beach, RMB10 to go in the beer festival (and you need to pay to get food and drinks)…oh, the park is free though….and it was very crowded too…if you know what I mean :p doesn's this look like new york city? it's my scenery from my hotel window :)

No comments: