Sunday, November 29, 2015

Multiple personalities

Do you ever feel like you are different when you are with different people? Do you ever notice that you also have different personalities when you are speaking in different languages?

I do~~~ sometimes I talk more when I am with people im comfortable with... It does not matter which languages I speak in.. As long as I am with people I like and comfortable with, I can talk about anything and everything.

Sometimes I talk less when I speak in a different language other than my mother tongue. I notice when I am processing inside, it is also in my mother tongue. People once said if you want to know what language you talk to yourself in, try counting something and see which language you use... I think it is almost 100% accurate!

I think I have a different personality when I speak in English... After all, some stuff is hard to express in English... So I tend to just let it go... 

I think I also have a different personality when I need to speak in English to someone I am not comfortable with... 

how about you?


3 comments:

LJ said...

got meh? I agree that I have different personalities when it comes to different group of ppl but don't think it has to do with the language I speak...or probably because I seldom got chance to speak in different language nowadays.

BTW, we speak more than 2 languages don't we? :D

Jane Jane said...

i have split personalities. hahaha....not just black and white nia.

i'm strange!

jenn said...

wah, great minds think alike! i also saved this picture and wanted to say something about it! hahahaha.. oh well, kung fu si gei, ka qiu ai mei next time! hahahaha...

maybe languages have something to do with how we communicate with other people. but like mum, language is never her barrier. she can communicate with anyone in her own way...

the only problem about knowing too many languages (although half bucket in all), is that it can caused some funny incidents because we used the wrong terms hahaha...