Saturday, March 20, 2010

be 'aeroplaned' or 'aeroplane'

you may wonder what the title means...let me give you the definition....
  • be aeroplaned is being FFK'd...FFK stands for Foi Fei Kei (in cantonese). in Chinese, it's means 放飛機。。。then being aeroplaned becomes 被放飛機。。
  • Aeroplane means i FFK ppl
Guess what happened to me tonight? as i mentioned in my previous post that i will be taking the 1am flight to new york tonight...what i didnt mention is, i will fly from HK via Vancouver to NY...initially, i was gonna take the flight on sat morning at 945am instead of the flight at 1am, my colleague persuaded me to take the midnight flight...initially, i didnt wanna take it coz it's 5 hours longer and it's midnight..but the thought of having a bunch of ppl arriving NY at 7am on saturday, i have to say, i was tempted..so before i agreed, i double confirmed whether we will need a canadian visa for my colleague is also malaysian...SO after confirming with the travel agent that we don't need a canadian visa to transit, i felt kinda excited abt this trip and made alot of arrangement already...and requested for exit row seat...that's for SURE..i need to stretch my leg...
so, as happily and excited i am earlier in the night, i packed and made sure i had everything and on my hand luggage, i made sure i have the necessity...eye mask, face mask, MP3, books etc etc...and now im all ready!!! Since it was late, so i ordered a taxi to go to airport directly (p/s: normally, i would use the airport train instead)...everything was so smooth, i checked in, went shopping for a while...and then my colleague called...well, i was gonna go to the immigration first but decided to wait for him since i was nearby.....i stood near the checked in counter when my colleague waved me to go over..so i did.....he looked disturbed and told me that we are NOT allowed to take this flight...i gave him the look and said, don't be childish la..i just checked it and it's not funny...he looked at me and said, we don't have canadian visa, we cannot go via vancouver...and he looked serious...the counter person also gave me the serious look and i asked both of them...ARE YOU SURE???? i just checked in!!!! well, it was good that we found out earlier and that i decided to wait for my colleague!!! or else, i might just fly for 17 hours and find that i have to do a detour!!???
my colleague was pissed and kept 'greeting' the travel agent...i just said, oh well, back to what i wanted initially, just that i looked funny to the security guard at my place that i would be returning home to sleep...hahha....so much for what the travel agent had done..he was quite helpful also la...after we made a phone call to him and told him abt it...in disbelief, he helped us arranged for the flight the next day (which the airport person told us would be hard to get coz flight was really full)...just that, i will be sitting at the window seat for 17 hours...sigh...how if i wanna pee~~sigh...torture torture...so this time, i aeroplane the aeroplane rather than being aeroplaned...not sure which one is better though :(
there...isnt my night very interesting? makan angin at the airport somemore...i wanna go zzz now..early day tomorrow morning~~wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

but it's just a transit. why do u need a Canadian visa? Nvm, u got what u wanted....

baby jane said...

oh well...i heard that my shanghainese colleague got thru and they were being put in a room and nobody checked their passports...i guess it was better to be safe than sorry...otherwise, 34 hours detour? OMG OMG