Monday, January 19, 2009

fear factor

All of my friends and even colleagues know that i am not very adventurous....especially in food...there are too many stuff that i don't put in my mouth and chew...many people don't understand why i could resist delicious food...their definition of delicious food is those that are rare...hhmmm....so they mostly fall in organs of pig and chicken etc....to me those are not food, those are...hhmm..sorry guys, crap :p hahaa..i just dono how to like this kind of food...i still remember my friend forcing me to eat chicken kidney, pig intestine, pig kidney....but no matter how he pleaded me, begged me, kowtowed to me, i just wouldnt give in....and i still remember there was once, my mum, knowing that i had low blood pressure, cooked me a pork kidney ginger soup which was supposed to be very nutritious...i finished the soup but left all the kidney back..when my mum saw it, she asked me to eat, i refused..so she said, well, at least eat one piece...to obey my mum and knowing how much effort she put in to buy and cook the soup, i put a SMALL piece in my mum...i chew for 10 mins, 15 mins, but still i couldnt swallow...it was like there was an invisible wall...no matter how much effort i put, i just couldnt do it...in the end, i almost vomitted and my mum said, alright, just spit them out....

Two weeks ago, i conquered my fear....after a lot of fried and oily food at the nightmarket, my friend wanted to stop for a bowl of pig blood soup and some smelly toufu....she told me the stall is very famous for this....me not a fan...while she enjoyed her food, i sat there targetting on smelly toufu while feeling unhealthy....suddenly, my friend gave me a spoonful of soup with pig blood and asked me to eat..i shook my head and said im fine..she said this can help with the heaty food you just ate...i was terrified of putting it in my mouth...she said it doesnt taste like blood la...and good for you....so, after 30 seconds...im proud to say, finally, i ate the 1st piece of pig blood...and many more after that...hip hip hooray~~~~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i need microscope to see the pig blood cube you put in ur mouth! no wonder u didn't spit it out... haha...