Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Shanghainese Taxi Drivers

shanghainese taxi driver...hhhmmm...to a lot of ppl, they are loud, rude and they drive like crazy...during my trips to shanghai and taking so many taxi around shanghai, i met some really interesting taxi drivers last weekend....that day, our company driver dropped us at a taxi rest area...we weren't supposed to get a taxi there and we didn't know, so we got yelled at by the keeper over there....one taxi drivers was kind enough to take us coz he tot we are going to the airport...turned out, we were only going to a hotel in the city centre....so he was mumbling all the time, talking to himself....we just ignored him..he started asking me the address of the hotel etc..so my colleague was nice enough to tell him some of the landmark...but he got mad and yelled at her and my colleague wasn't happy and they got into a little conflict there...with this kind of traffic, it was really hard to get taxi and i didnt want to be kicked out, so i just distracted the driver by chit chatting w him....he got better after tat....then in the car, one of my colleagues and i were talking on the phone. there were 3 of us, so another one of my colleagues wasnt talking...so the driver turned and looked at me, then to my colleague who was on the phone, then he turned and looked at my other colleague and asked "ur friends are all talking on the phone, how come you are not....why are u not talking?" hmmm....i wouldnt know wat to say....the driver drove like he just released from madhouse, as usual..hehe...then he stepped on the brake so sudden tat my colleague's water bottle fell to the ground....he turned nervously and asked us what was tat...i told him it was water bottle...then he said, "phew, i tot it was a bomb" DUH, we were not stupid enough to leave a bomb in the car while we are in it...the driver was weird... Later that nite, went to another place...after i told the taxi driver where i wanted to go, the driver started asking me questions, like why i wanted to go there and for what...so i just told him that im meeting someone there....then when i reached there, while i was paying, he just couldnt understand why i had to go there, and asked me just tell me why u are coming to this place.... interesting drivers...hahah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane, long awaited post...anyway, I guess we, as ur loyal readers, would surely like to know what "other place" did u visit that night that even the driver was so confused as to why u were there....hahaha.....must be a very "INTERESTING" place I guess...hehee...naughty naughty Jane...