Sunday, December 10, 2006

My improved cantonese

Met up with some friends last nite in Causeway Bay...after 1 yr + 9 months in HK, i didnt think my cantonese can be considered as good...haha....well, this friend brought another friend who has just returned to HK after XXX yrs in USA and he speaks "wai wai" cantonese and instantly, i felt tat there is a sense of familiarity, because it sounds just like mine!! According to his standard, my cantonese is very GOOooood....hhhmmm...happy or not happy? well, my other hong kong friends told him that i was terrible when i 1st came, but now, my cantonese is very good and very accurate, just tat i sound like an ABC....well, i am happy with my progress and thanks to them, my colleagues who won't speak other language to me except for Cantonese and my effort, i have passed the kindergarten level (^V^)y well, honestly there are still a lot of things i wanna say in cantonese and I couldnt, like when i feel like ordering something i wanna eat, but because i dono how to say it in cantonese, i switch to something that is easier for me to order...and there are alot of times i insist on ordering what i wanna eat by pointing to them and most of the time, i am given another things...hhhmmm....is it because my finger is too big??? hahaha...i doubt it :p Hopefully i can turn my Hakka cantonese into HK Cantonese soon....my tounge is still struggling~~~~

No comments: