Sunday, April 6, 2008

agony of returning to hk

After leaving HK for sOOooo long, i have a lot of things to do here (which i would gladly ignore when i have an excuse not to take k of them coz im not around 逃避现实 ^^) anyway, before i come back i already have a whole list of to-do list...a few days before coming back to HK, i felt sad...my colleagues were all counting down to return home but me~~~even my jap colleague cheered for returning to HK (and FYI, his home is in Tokyo)...they said, oh, 3 more days to go...for me, i said 72 more hours to go...why? you would ask, coz 72 sounds longer than 3...hahaha...:p again, 逃避现实...

The moment i was in the plane, i couldnt stand the noise anymore...it is very quiet in japan, air and food is so fresh and everyone is polite...in the plane, the ppl "talked" (or yelled) on top of their lungs, kids misbehaved and i sat there wishing all of them vanishing!! hate it! my heart beat so fast when i heard the noise in HK, my skin is getting worse and i don like it!!! i hate the most is the list of things i need to attend to first thing on monday...and let me tell you, they were not pleasant....

On monday morning, i took a ferry (which i had to walk v far) and went to HK immigration to renew my HK work permit and i waited and waited and waited...for TWO hours before it was my turn...and turned out, i didnt have enough time to renew as i need my passport to do my Japan visa and at that moment, i realised i had to renew m'sian passport too...coz it is running out of blank pages...CRAP...another chore....

so i returned office..and made phone callS to m'sian embassy....the S*upid embassy...called million of times and nobody picked up..when finally someone picked up, it was a few hours later!!! they even have this culture after leaving the country..OMG OMG...anyway, i realised they want my m'sian IC for renewal and the problem is, i don have it with me....so i called and called and called, wanting to find out if there is other solution...but again, no one picked up...sigh...and finally someone picked up and here goes my conversation with her...

me: i don't have my ID here, is it ok to fax a copy over?

her: we need to see your original copy. if no m'sian ID, we cant help you.

me: (desperate to try all means) Is it ok if i have someone verified true copy tat they have seen it and fax it over?

her: without your m'sian ID, we cant help you

Me started to think that she is the gal from the singapore movie called "政府工的日子" a broken radio...no matter wat ppl ask her, without thinking thru, she gives a standard answer....

Me: but i need to go on business trip next week and i need it for visa application, could you pls help me? i applied in HK before, can u use the copy in my personal file? it hasnt changed.

Her: without your m'sian ID, we cant help you.

Me: in that case, can i ask my sis in m'sia to send the IC to ur colleague in m'sia and they verified to tell you that they have seen the copy?

Her: without your m'sian ID, we cant help you.

Me: (Starting to feel annoyed abt the inflexibility) can you use my driver's license? it has my m'sian ID number on it and it's on my passport too...

Her: without your m'sian ID, we cant help you.

Me: So you mean, you must have it no matter what.

Her: yes...

SIGH....she could be annoyed w my questions but i really dono why they are so inflexible...arent them supposed to be helpful when ppl are desperate already? in the end, jenn helped me sent my IC over and the moment i received it, i went straight to the ferry (again, walked v far) and went to the embassy....at the embassy, there were two malay working...and one person standing in front of me only and i still have to wait for nearly 30 mins...and the lady didnt stop making person calls and her mobile kept ringing...and yeah, the next day is public holiday and SHE IS GOING TO SHANGHAI...and they chit chat like there was no tomorrow...but luckily they were efficient and i got it in the afternoon (again, took ferry..i took 4 times of ferry for tat week and so tired) next week, another ferry to go do my Japan visa....haaaaiii....never ending chores!!!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

hahahahahahhahaa... i saw that S'pore movie also... ahhahahhahahah same standard answer for every question. ahahahahhahaah u make me laughing non stop.. ahhahahahahahahahhahaa... but glad to know you manage to complete that...

Tracy said...

i can imagine how is your facial expression when you talked to the ppl in M'sia embassy on the phone ..... glab to know that you finally get all your things completed... ... imagine that you will be able in Japan to enjoy the cherry blossom season next week... everything you done will worth it :)

Anonymous said...

hey jane, u might b talking to a broken recorder instead of a human being hahahaha...

Jane Jane said...

good point tracy..actually i did all just because of cherry blossom and sashimi...haha....alicia, i need more sympathy from u ler...hahah..and jenn, u could be right..they might be off to tea and gave me a broken radio :p